Tuesday, 8 October 2013

The Velvet Burnout Dress

So it's pretty clear the British Summer has waved us good bye. Cloudy skies, hot chocolates and cuddling up with my faux fur blanket on the sofa... i welcome you with open arms! As much as i love the warm weather, i'm glad it's getting colder. Why? It means i can dig out pieces like this from my wardrobe...



I absolutely adore wearing velvet. I think its the epitome of luxury so i'm loving this trend at the moment.This stunning dark navy/ indigo velvet number is from the bohemian brand Free People. Although this was a gift from over two years ago, i could never find the right occasion to wear it. Realising it was gathering dust in my closet, i recently wore it on a night out in London.

Along with its luxurious velvet long sleeve arms, high neck and bodycon fit, the beautiful burnout design over the front and arms adds a gorgeous touch of elegance. Isn't it gorgeous!?

I decided to pair it with a pair of simplistic black and gold heels from New look (Similar ones here or view the original on the website here) which are a fantastic dupe for the simplistic Zara heels - practically indistinguishable and for half the price! I also threw on a quirky shoulder bag from Zara - one of my wardrobe staple items, with a gold metal trimming and an angel wing on top (here)!



 I kept the outfit quite simple as the burnout print is gorgeous and i didn't want to detract from it. How would you all wear it? What kind of jewellery? I would love to hear your thoughts!



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love your velvet dress;
    you look so great in it, belive me

    ReplyDelete